Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP) Royal Pet, Inc.
We recognize that our authorized retailers and distributors (hereinafter referred to collectively as “resellers”) invest time and resources to deliver an exceptional customer experience through knowledgeable staff and strategic merchandising. In an effort to support our resellers’ efforts and ensure a consistent portrayal of brand image and quality, Royal Pet, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “RPI”) has unilaterally adopted a Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (“MAP” Policy), which applies to all RPI products, and all RPI authorized resellers:
- This MAP Policy covers all RPI Resellers located in the United States and Canada.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by RPI in its soles discretion.
- RPI will maintain an updated list of products that fall under the MAP Policy. RPI reserves the right to update or modify this list at any time.
- RPI’s MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of RPI products in any and all media, including, without limitation, newspapers, mailings, flyers, posters, coupons, inserts, mailers, magazines, catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, radio, television, and public signage. The MAP Policy does not apply to on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed or publicized to consumers outside the store, offers to sell over the telephone, or final sale prices first disclosed to consumers in “shopping carts” in web based sales.
- For any online retail to remain in compliance with the MAP guidelines, all advertised prices should be at or above the MAP Policy retail price prior to placement in the shopping cart or member price.
- The MAP Policy applies only to minimum advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold.
- “Demo”, “Floor Sample”, “Open Box”, “Used” and “Display” products may be advertised at prices below the current MAP only in local print media or on the reseller’s website, provided the description accompanying the advertised price clearly states that the products are one sold under one of these descriptions and are sold “AS IS”.
- Resellers that do not abide by this MAP Policy may be deemed ineligible for support of advertising or promotional services, materials or discounts, at RPI’s sole discretion. RPI reserves the right to take any action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy, including termination of reseller authorization.
- From time to time, RPI may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain products and permit resellers to advertise MAP products at prices lower than the MAP Retail Price. In such events, RPI reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP Policy price with respect to the affected products by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes. Such notice may be fulfilled by a change made on the MAP product pricelist or in an advertisement or promotion set forth on the portal. RPI further reserves the right to adjust the MAP Policy with respect to certain products at its sole discretion, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all then current RPI resellers.
- RPI recognizes that any authorized RPI reseller can make its own decisions to advertise and sell any RPI product at any price it chooses without consulting or advising RPI. RPI similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and reseller participation as a member of the RPI authorized reseller program.
- No complaint from any reseller with respect to the advertising or pricing of any other dealer is sought or will be considered. All questions regarding this MAP Policy or its implementation should be addressed to MAP@royalpetinc.com. No RPI employee or representative is authorized to discuss this MAP Policy, nor does any RPI employee or representative have the authority to modify or alter this MAP Policy.
- RPI’s sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this MAP Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to RPI’s MAP Policy regarding reseller advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects the listed MAP Products.
- FOR DISTRIBUTORS ONLY: In order to continue your relationship with us as a distributor in good standing, you must ensure that the MAP Policy is provided to each of your resellers and they must be informed that failure to comply with the Policy will render them ineligible for support of advertising or promotional services, materials or discounts. Furthermore, RPI reserves the right to take any action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy, including termination of reseller authorization.